Welcome to the blog for the book I am because we are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb

I will be posting news, events, reviews, etc. about the book. You can learn more about the book at:

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Again my apologies for not keeping up on my blog.  If you want to know what has been happening with the book please check out the news page on the website.  Lots has happened and I am so pleased with the success of the book.  I am still looking for places to exhibit a selection of the African photographs that are in the book.  If you know of a place please let me know. 

Now I am in midst of signing a book distribution agreement with the University Press of Mississippi, an excellent academic press.  The reason for doing this is so that institutions, libraries, and bookstores who want to deal with a distributor can now do so.  I hope the book will reach a larger market as it should. 

I am going to use this blog on a daily basis to post an uplifting proverb and any other thoughts that I might have for the day.  All the proverbs are from a calendar put out by Annetta Miller called "African Wisdom for Life."  The calendars are available through Ten Thousand Villages. 

Today's proverb for January 29 is "The supper of a kind person is shared with others."  Ethiopian proverb
Photo is of an Ethiopian mother and child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment