Welcome to the blog for the book I am because we are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb

I will be posting news, events, reviews, etc. about the book. You can learn more about the book at:

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"A wise person, like the moon, shows only the bright side of the world." African proverb for  January 31

Some people might disagree with that as it is still important to recognize the problems that exist and try to do something to change them.  Though with Africa, in general, I think the media focuses too much on the negative where people only think of Africa in terms of war, poverty and famine.  That was one the main reasons that I published my book so that this focus could be changed to a more positive one.  I would love to hear from those who have the book to know what they think about this and to share those ideas. 

I Am Because We Are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb at www.africanwisdominimageandproverb.com

 
                                               Maasai Woman Elder, Southern Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment