Welcome to the blog for the book I am because we are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb

I will be posting news, events, reviews, etc. about the book. You can learn more about the book at:

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

  -->
It is easy to stand in a crowd: it takes courage to stand alone." Zambian proverb for February 7. From the calendar "African Wisdom for Life" by Annetta Miller. 

The proverb today is very meaningful to me.  I appreciate all the people around the world who have stood up to oppression but especially here in Mississippi for those who fought for their rights during the 60's.   I am reading a classic book "Coming of Age in Mississippi" written by Anne Moody and published in 1968.  Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down.  I thought I had heard these stories so many times but her story was just so real and embellished.  She told the story like it was.

These delegates to constitutional convention were speaking out at great risk against their authoritarian government in Togo in the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment