Welcome to the blog for the book I am because we are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb

I will be posting news, events, reviews, etc. about the book. You can learn more about the book at:

Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

I am a little behind.  It was a beautiful weekend in MIssissippi and it seems like spring is already here.  Is that climate change?  I hope not but it probably is.

Anyway here are your proverbs for Sunday  February 3
"In the moment of crisis the wise build bridges and the foolish build dams."  Nigerian proverb

and for Monday February 4. 
"The one who tries to swallow a large stone surely has confidence in the size of his throat."  African proverb

The last one seems so African.  Some of the  proverbs seems very familiar and universal so that I like it when they seem different and more specific to just the African culture.  Also I like how visual they can be.  Your imagination can run a bit wild.

The photo today goes more with the Sunday proverb of building bridges and it is of a transportation hub in Lagos, Nigeria.



No comments:

Post a Comment